Or at least how to improve my productivity, my health, my mindset--otherwise known as my constant obsession. I should write a self-help book just to occupy the obsession.
It's been 6 1/2 months since I launched my practice, and I've learned an amazing amount and come a long way. But I have the overwhelming urge now to reassess my philosophy, improve my processes, streamline my workflow. Yeah. I've been reading a few business books, websites, blogs..just a few. I'm hoping this weekend will give me the chance to step back, ponder, and then put some improvements in place.
Some of my ideas:
- setting office hours, rather than deciding ad hoc when I will or won't be in
- moving my home office into the home office and off the dining room table
- getting up earlier and running or working out first thing everyday
- meditating everyday, I mean, I have the subscription
- networking lunch or happy hour once a week minimum
- creating written policies and sharing them with clients (i.e., I will not answer your call at 9 pm)
- blogging more often
- updating professional facebook and twitter at least once a week
- reducing time spent on personal facebook and twitter
- going to bed before midnight most nights
- convincing D to take more 3-day weekends and leave town
- drinking more water
- and OF COURSE, lose 5 pounds.
You get the idea. Happy Fall!